Book lovers – readers – writers – The NZ Independent Book Festival is coming
With only a little under two weeks to go until the New Zealand Independent Book Festival on 3 and 4 October, I hope you have it marked in your diary. It is going to be an amazing event.
Mairangi Writers (and me) will be on Stand 14. Come along to the Festival on Sunday at 3.00 pm and hear me speak about my writing journey. I’ll be offering tips and guidelines, as well as telling you what I did to become a professional independent author.
Book Lovers – it doesn’t matter which genre or which age group you are interested in – fiction, non-fiction, illustrated books or children’s stories – you will find them all at the Festival.
There will be free books and prizes if you are in the right place at the right time, and lots of fun things to entertain the children while you browse.
Writers – are you wanting to start writing, or at the early stages of your writing career? If so, the Festival can give budding authors the opportunity to talk to people who can guide you or help turn your manuscript into a masterpiece.
You can see the full list of exhibitors with links to their websites here.
A range of wonderful talks and workshops has been scheduled throughout the weekend.
- 12.15pm-1.00pm – STORY TIME with Dawn McMillan
- 1.30pm–2.15pm – SECRETS with Julie Thomas, author of “The Keeper of Secrets”
- 2.45pm–3.30pm – GETTING BOOKS READY FOR SALE with SmartWork Creative
- 10.15am–11.00am – MIGRANT EMOTIONS with Ellie Baker
- 11.15pm–12.00pm – GETTING BOOKS READY FOR SALE with SmartWork Creative
- 12.30pm-1.15pm – STORIES FOR TEENS with Des Hunt
- 1.45pm–2.30pm – HANDMADE HISTORIES! with Mary Kelleher
- 3.00pm–3.45pm – YOU TOO, CAN DO IT! with Vicky Adin…. that’s me!! ‘Daniel’, ‘Kazam!’, ‘The Cornish Knot’, ‘The Art of Secrets’ and announcing…
‘The Girl from County Clare’
Be the first to order a copy of my latest novel. Pre-order forms will be available.
WONDERFUL WORKSHOPS @ EXHIBITOR STANDS – TABLE #63
JANET BALCOMBE – TAKE A WALK ON THE WILD SIDE
(Finalist in the 2015 Ashton Wylie – Mind Body Spirit Literary Awards)
Saturday, 1.00 pm – 1.30 pm
Sunday, 11.30 am – 12.00 pm
Come and meet Janet, hear a short reading from her memoir and ask a question or two about her modern-day survival story from the NZ underbelly.
ANITA MARY – BLOOD ON THE MIRROR
(Artist and board member of Toi Ona Live Arts Trust)
Saturday, 3.00 pm – 3.30 pm
Sunday , 2.00 pm – 2.30 pm
Anita shares her story in three art testimonies, MESS, PRESS & BLESS.
She’ll be talking about overcoming a life on the streets, addiction, prostitution, suicide attempts and brain injury.
Thanks to the Festival sponsors
SmartWork Creative BookPrint Neilsen Book Data
Asia Pacific Offset The Creative Hub